Sunday, October 11, 2009
Sunday School
Okay, so my new (old) calling is I'm a Sunday School Sub. There is only one class that I've really taught, I think they are the 13/14 year olds. I HATE that class. There are usually 4 boys and 2 girls, and the boys DRIVE ME CRAZY! I always end up loosing my patience. One time I just stood up and left the class room because I was so aggravated. They act worse than my kids do. Okay, so today I got to teach that class again, yay! I decided I was going to have a good attitude about it. I sat down, the lesson was going good, then holy cow I just lost it! One by one I made the boys move their chairs right up next to my table. They were really trying my patience. They wouldn't not stop goofing off, they wouldn't be quiet so I could give the dang lesson, they kept trying to bother each other. I started yelling at them to shut the heck up! I tried really hard to be nice, but I couldn't anymore. I was just glad the girls thought it was funny, and not that I was a big beast. I scared the boys though. I also told the boys I was going to be talking to their parents after class. I don't think they believed me. Usually I have empty threats, but I thought I should actually follow through with this one, so I told each one of the boys parents that I was having problems with their son, among other boys. I just figured that I could do nothing about it and have it be exactly the same next time I have to sub, or I could actually do what I say I'm gonna do for once. Two of the parents I talked to told me thank you for telling them and that they would take care of it. One of the parents on the other hand I would like to smack across the face. That is of course my wonderful sister DeAnn! I went to tell her the exact same thing I told the other parents, and she got all defensive and told me it wasn't just her kid, and that class is too small, they need to add more kids to that class. I told her it wasn't just that the class was too small, because I've subbed for that class and the one just older, and it was WORSE! Needless to say, she didn't say a word to Hector (her son that was it the class). Of course not, he's perfect and can't do anything wrong! It was nice though, after Sacrament meeting was over (our stake is weird and we have sacrament meeting last), the other two boys came and apologized to me. That made me feel better. I just need to stop getting so irritated with my sister, I have too many bad feelings for her that I need to get over. Starting with her telling Bryan some stuff I said about him, when she was doing the same thing. Another is that Hector seriously can do NOTHING wrong, bugs me! Then in sacrament meeting today, her family was sitting right in front of us, and all of her kids were sitting there eating candy. I'm sorry, but it's fast Sunday, and her youngest kid is 13! Seriously, bugs me! Okay, I'll stop now, I just had to get that all off my chest. It makes me feel better :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sorry it was such a rough Sunday. You think it would be a day of only peace and nice things. I'm lucky our classes always have 2 teachers, while 1 gives the lesson, the other keeps the kids paying attention. As for sacrament being last, our last few have been that way. I HATE it! Kids are hungry and ready to go home!
Wow....don't hold back, just let it all out!!!! Ha Ha I am so glad i don't live that close to our wonderful family, that really has to be tough! By the way you are awesome for changeing my paper now if i could just update my blog!!
Brenden will you tell jack happy birthday ok! and what time Baptist and write me back Ok!
love chantel moody Nov11\6\2009
I'm only laughing cause we've had some crazy, I mean crazy kids in our primary before. And the worst ones were the older kids. They won't care if you get mad. I've sent them to their parents before. You can't have them disrupting the entire class so much that you can't even teach. You'd roll over at some of the things we dealt with in our NY ward. Glad to see that there is some sort of craziness, everywhere! Just do your best and remember why you're there. HOpe it gets better. :) You can do it!
Post a Comment